Discover more about the Serge Apprenticeship Program:
Serge Apprenticeship Program Intro: https://vimeo.com/197337234
UK Apprentice video (Oong): https://vimeo.com/196640996
UK Apprentice video (Lindsay): https://vimeo.com/195322396
Learn more at: serge.org/apprenticeship
(1) Exploring the significance of God given passions, interests and gifts in the discovery of one’s purpose and destiny to influence others and society for the glory of God.
(2) Cross cultural ministry training.
(3) Guided prayer retreats, monthly days of quiet and solitude and spiritual disciplines training
(4) Engaging the unchurched with the gospel through relationships and evangelistic resources
(5) Theology and practice of Christian leadership
(6) Sonship and Gospel-Centered Life spiritual formation courses.
A cultural immersion and guided cross-cultural ministry experience in an Irish ministry context. Apprentices will work in a local church or non-profit ministry, with potential assignments in children’s/youth ministry, church-planting support, the creative arts, tutoring/mentoring, and more. They will participate in the Serge summer intern program. The Irish ministry placement will be primary in the experience of the apprentice and the relationship with Serge will be secondary. This allows for a significant immersion experience and has the benefit of deeper relationships and ministry in the host culture.
An Irish pastor or ministry leader will provide on-going discipleship within the context of the “job placement.” A Serge mentor will compliment this relationship throughout the year. The summer internship (8 weeks) will be under Serge leadership.
Opportunities for leadership with both the summer internship and the year-round ministry placement will be abundant. There is a heavy emphasis on understanding biblical leadership and embracing the ways God has equipped all of us to influence others for the glory of God.