Discover more about the Serge Apprenticeship Program
Learn more at: serge.org/apprenticeship
The Serge Uganda team seeks to live as vessels of the gospel restoring communities to bring worshippers to Jesus. We value prayer and partnership, investing in emerging Ugandan leadership. We work together to show the compassion of Jesus to the poorest of the poor.
Overview of our Ministry in Uganda
The Serge Uganda Apprenticeship program contributes to the larger team purpose of testifying–by word and deed—to the gospel of God’s grace to Ugandans in the Bundibugyo region of Western Uganda.
We do this through discipleship and training in the local church and community. We are engaged in health outreach, medical care, clean water initiatives, nutrition programs, education and mobilizing laborers for the harvest.
We look for apprentices who are flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to be uncomfortable. Apprentices that thrive in our context have a team mentality, relational focus, heart to share Jesus in word and deed, sense of humor, adventurous spirit, and don’t mind a few creepy crawlies and outside bathrooms!
Uganda Apprentices will Experience:
- Relational ministry through interaction with Ugandans and team members
- Fellowship with Jesus as you serve Him among the poor
- Shared cooking responsibilities
- Sharing the love of Jesus in story and action
- “Real” football with students
- Praying with the team and the sick and struggling
- Discipling youth
Engage the Culture:
- Learn Lubwisi
- Enjoy long church services filled with dancing and singing
- Learn about Ugandan health and nutritional needs
- Eat Ugandan favorites like g-nut sauce with rice and goat
Serve the Community in One or More of the Following Areas:
- Youth discipleship
- Children’s ministry and education
- Multimedia development
Grow and Be Discipled:
- Interact and work with long-term missionaries
- Develop skills in areas of interest
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Develop a broken heart for suffering
- Experience a new level of growth in your relationship with the Lord