Administrative Assistant for Mission Agency Member Care Department Part-Time Job Opening in Jenkintown, PA
Serge is a non-profit, mission-sending agency dedicated to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and bringing positive transformation to communities worldwide. We’re seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to join our Member Care Department in the home office.
This Department resources and provides care and counsel for Serge’s overseas staff from the time they are appointed to the time they complete their term of service and leave the field.
The Administrative Assistant will support the Member Care Director and perform administrative tasks, assist project management efforts, and manage systems and processes for the Member Care Department. Part-time hours are 25 per week with paid leave and pension benefits. Given COVID implications, this position will work remotely to start but onsite once restrictions have lifted. If you have a passion to support those who are advancing the Gospel and the expertise to fill this key role, we invite you to apply. Qualified applicants will have experience in administration, computer systems and software, and project and data management and reporting.
● Act as administrator for the Member Care Department (MC) by assisting MC Director in budgeting and financial control, and coordinating communications, deadlines, and meetings with the MC Team.
● Assist with project management for MC by identifying areas for improvement in processes and function, and by managing projects as assigned by MC Director.
● Create, maintain, report, and provide metrics tracking for budget, expenses, goals, and metrics.
● Manage logistics for quarterly orientation weeks and biannual deployment weeks for new field staff.
● Support MC by improving overall organization of information, simplifying processes, eliminating bottlenecks, and increasing efficiency of systems and project management.
● Manage data collection for field staff records, ensuring quality control and up-to-date records.
● A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a genuine desire to apply one’s knowledge, skills, and abilities to advance the gospel, minister to others, and serve as needed.
● Commitment to Company Core Values, demonstrated in work and interactions.
● Bachelor’s degree or comparable administrative experience.
● Minimum four years’ experience in a position requiring administrative excellence.
● Strong computer skills including mastery of or strong aptitude for learning MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MAC OS, Google, SalesForce, Zoom, and project management software.
● Strong attention to detail in typing, composing, editing, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines.
● Effective time management skills, solid organizational techniques, and high attention to detail.
● Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to engage, support, serve, and communicate effectively.
● Ability to take initiative, self-motivate, learn quickly, and adapt to changes in tasks, projects, scheduling, and environment.
● Exercises high discretion in handling sensitive and confidential situations and communications
To Apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirement to Anita Wessner at HR@serge.org.
For more information about our mission agency, visit www.serge.org.