MOUNTAIN MISSION SCHOOL
IN GRUNDY, VA
Mountain Mission School serves as home, school, and church for more than 200 children (many of them with us year ‘round). We serve children residentially from nursery to high school graduates! Our school is ACSI accredited for grades K-12. We are looking for people with a missionary heart and mindset to pour themselves into a secluded mission field tucked away within the rugged mountains of southwest Virginia . . . but with an international reach. Over the years, students from more than 70 countries have sought safety, security, and refuge at MMS.
- Exemplify the desired characteristics of a Christian employee as outlined in the MMS Employee Handbook
- Teach during the school day. We are looking for quality teachers at all levels - elementary, middle, and high school. In particular, we look to have teacher needs in middle and high school science, high school English, middle school social studies, foreign languages, and art.
- Substitute and/or teach other courses as needed
- Serve as a house parent
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by President and/or Leadership Team
- Must be a follower of Christ
- Bachelor’s degree with a desire to teach in a related field
- Experience working with students
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education or content area
- ACSI Certification and/or State Teaching License
- Teaching Experience
- First Aid & CPR Certification