We're looking for a First grade teacher and a Third grade teacher.
The upper elementary division includes one section each of first, second and third grades (three self-contained classrooms total). Each grade has approximately 20-24 students. The classroom teacher is responsible for teaching all core areas, including devotions, Bible, Language Arts (reading, spelling, vocabulary, composition, grammar and handwriting), Math, Science and Social Studies. Classroom teachers and educational assistants also share lunch/playground duties. Lower elementary students also have the following specials (taught by other teachers): Spanish (45 minutes daily), Physical Education (twice per week), and Art, Music, Computers and Library (once per week). During these classes, the classroom teacher has planning time.
In addition to the general education teachers, there is a dedicated educational assistant for each grade in lower elementary (1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade). The primary focus of the EA is to provide learning support with students needing additional assistance in the classroom. In addition to that, the EA assists the teacher with preparing classroom materials, translating parent communication, and a limited amount of grading homework assignments.
● 4-year degree in Elementary Education
● Certification and 2 years experience preferred
● Evangelical Christian testimony with active local church experience
● Sense of calling to teach in a developing country setting
● Willingness to make a three (or more) year commitment
● Full fluency and expertise in English; conversational Spanish preferred (willingness to learn is a must)