Job Description - Director of NextGen Ministries
Christ Community Church - Waseca, MN
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this full-time ministerial position is to create a community that pours into the next generation of Christ-followers – empowering them, teaching them, equipping them, and loving them as a family on mission together to reach those who need Jesus.
The emphasis of this position will be students grades 7-12 (75%), but will also provide leadership for children, birth through 6th grade (20%), and some connection with our high school graduates (5%).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop relationships with students and families in our church and from the community.
- Enthusiastically disciple students through weekly Bible teaching, prayer, fellowship, worship, small groups, and provide counsel.
- Seek opportunities to engage those who are lost.
- Recruit, train, and collaborate with student and children ministry volunteers and student leaders.
- Participate in regular Student Ministries Commission, Children’s Ministry Commision, and staff meetings.
- Select and implement student and children’s ministry curriculums with each commission.
- Devote time to be educated on ever-changing student culture and trends.
- Coordinate needed administrative tasks with the office manager.
- Collaborate with the worship director to periodically incorporate students and kids in morning worship.
- Complete other duties as related to children and student ministries.
- Living a life yielded to the Spirit as described in Galatians 5 & Colossians 3.
- A Bachelor degree in a Ministry related field is required.
- Experience in children and/or student ministry required.
- Agree wholeheartedly to the Statement of Faith of Christ Community Church.
- Model a growing personal relationship with Jesus.
- A personal commitment to nurture your own spiritual growth.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Excellent verbal and written communication: Comfortable with large groups of people.
- A natural passion for connecting with and discipling children, students and families.
- Be fully committed to the mission, vision, and values of Christ Community Church and become a member.
- Pursue professional development opportunities to enhance ministry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective, appropriate relationships with others.
- Ability to hold sensitive information in confidence.
- Ability to plan, lead and direct the work of others.
- Must have administrative knowledge and skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects and competing demands. This includes showing flexibility with various tasks and necessary work hours from day to day and week to week.
- Computer, PowerPoint and worship software literate.
- Ability to function as a self starter and independently in collaboration with the Lead Pastor and Elder Board.
CLICK HERE FOR REQUIRED PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES & WORK CONDITIONS
Christ Community Church of Waseca has a rich history in our community. Associated with the Evangelical Free Church of America, we are committed to loving God, loving each other, and loving our neighbors. Over the past year, we have been walking down a new path for our church. Our Lead Pastor of 17+ years is retiring and the Student Ministries Pastor is transitioning to the Lead Pastor position. This is new for our church; we have never had a pastoral transition to lead pastor. But that’s the exciting part. We want you to be a part of what God is doing here in the Waseca community. Some of the changes won’t be easy, but Christ Community Church is an incredible church family. For more information about our history, please check out our website at Christ Community Church Waseca or on Facebook.
Due to the transition, our staff is changing. Currently we have a retiring Senior Pastor, an associate Pastor of Student Ministries (who will transition to lead pastor-the new title), a Director of Worship and Adult Connections, an office manager, and a custodian. Oh and don’t forget a large group of dedicated volunteers. We love to have fun. And we truly hope that we create a place where we work together, have fun together, do life together, and thrive in ministry together.
Will be commensurate based upon education and experience.
Interested candidates, please email Brian Miller (email@example.com) with the following 6 items:
- Your resume.
- Cover letter.
- Philosophy of ministry.
- Written descriptions of how you would share the gospel with a student and a child.
- Personal testimony.
- Digital portfolio.