To oversee and disciple elementary and secondary education, focusing on 7th-12th grade students through intentional evangelism (2 Timothy 4:5), sound biblical teaching (2 Timothy 4:2, Titus 1:9), sincere shepherding (1 Peter 5:2), exemplary living (1 Peter 5:3, Phil. 4:9), and loving correction (2 Timothy 2:24-26), and to equip students for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:11-16).
The associate pastor of youth (subsequently referred to as “youth pastor”) works with the pastoral team, under the direction and mentorship of the senior pastor, and in conjunction with Hunters Creek Community Church leadership.
- The Youth Pastor is primarily responsible to develop and oversee weekly ministry programming and special outreach events for students. He is to ensure that program is in agreement with the purpose, values, and theology of Hunters Creek Community Church.
- The Youth Pastor will regularly evaluate all aspects of the youth ministry in order to develop its effectiveness and impact from a biblical perspective.
- The Youth Pastor will build, equip, motivate, supervise, develop and shepherd an adult leadership team. This will include having regular adult leadership meetings that facilitate youth ministry planning, development and growth.
- The Youth Pastor will seek to develop students as servant leaders who help implement the youth program under his oversight and in cooperation with the adult leadership team.
- The Youth Pastor will implement programs and activities where students can discover, develop and use their abilities, talents and spiritual gifts to minister to others as service unto the Lord
- The Youth Pastor will attend weekly staff meetings and work closely with them to coordinate the youth activities, calendar and vision with all other areas of church life.
- The Youth Pastor will attend monthly board meetings to provide reports, offer counsel and assist in the overall leadership of Hunters Creek Community Church.
- The Youth Pastor will plan, facilitate, and oversee periodic short-term mission trips for the purpose of spreading the gospel, making disciples, developing a heart for missions in the students, equipping them for the work of ministry and developing an atmosphere of teamwork.
- The Youth Pastor will be the primary teacher during the Wednesday night youth meetings, but may also use leaders who are able and willing to assist with teaching.
- The Youth Pastor will be the primary teacher for Senior High Sunday School unless approval is given otherwise by the Senior Pastor.
- The Youth Pastor will work closely with the Senior Pastor to assure all teaching ministries of the youth group are biblically rich and doctrinally sound.
Personal Growth and Renewal:
- The Youth Pastor is expected to put a high priority on his personal walk with Christ including regular devotions, Scripture memory, prayer and personal Bible study.
- The Youth Pastor will aim to lead the students to a deeper, abiding, and vital relationship with Jesus Christ by being an example in speech, life, love, faith and purity.
- The Youth Pastor is encouraged to periodically attend educational conferences and seminars and ministry activities that will enable him to better perform his responsibilities, subject to the approval of the senior pastor.
- The Youth Pastor will seek opportunities to visit with students and their families outside the walls and grounds of this church.
- The Youth Pastor will look for opportunities to reach out to and develop relationships with students who need Christ as their personal Savior.
- The Youth Pastor will seek to provide biblical counsel and advice to students and their parents with the help and assistance of the pastoral staff or other biblically-based and Christ-centered counseling ministries as needed.
- The Youth Pastor will seek to maintain and implement a Biblical philosophy of ministry with a strong emphasis on evangelism and discipleship. This includes avoiding an entertainment-centered youth ministry philosophy.
- The Youth Pastor will actively encourage and support family and intergenerational relationships.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the senior pastor as needs arise.
As a full-time ministry, we expect a minimum average of 40 hours per week.