Our Director of Youth & Family Ministries will be someone who loves Jesus and loves youth. Our Vision is to offer a dynamic, Christ-centered ministry that calls young people and families into a living vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and guides them into becoming mature disciples.
The Director of Youth and Family Ministries will have general oversight of youth and education ministries so that young people might mature and grow as disciples of Jesus Christ. Elements of carrying out this mission include: recruiting and educating leaders, education, retreats, Bible Studies, discipleship, music ministries, trips, service events, camps, fellowship and other outreach.
Relationships & Responsibilities
- Have a visible and living relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Have good communication skills with youth and adults and a passion for reaching them with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Set time aside to pray for the youth in the various ministries weekly.
- Prepare for and meet with 9-12 graders weekly to help them mature in their faith along with equipping families and volunteers to play a vital role in that growth process.
- Recruit, lead, equip, and oversee a Senior High Youth Team.
- Lead other events, retreats, Lock-ins, Service Projects, Mission Trips, Youth Service, etc. to help mature young people in their faith.
- While about a 3rd of the time would be devoted to grades 9-12, we desire our Youth and Family Director to also interact and participate in youth ministries of all ages, while specifically giving oversight to the coordinators of JAM (Jesus and Me – grades 3-5), Confirmation (grades 6-8), Summer Stretch (grades 6-8), Sunday School, and Vacation Bible School.
- Utilize technology, marketing, and social media to do ministry.
- Preach and/or lead worship occasionally.
- Commit to the Vision and Mission of FaithPoint Lutheran Church.
- Remain current on youth ministry topics, resources, and related issues.
- Be fun, flexible, highly relational and emotionally resilient.
- Promote growth in numbers, spiritual maturity, and youth and family participation at FaithPoint.
- A relationship with Jesus Christ that shows fruit and is cultivated by regular times of prayer and the reading of God’s Word.
- A Bachelor’s degree or comparable in Youth Ministry, Christian Education or Pastoral Ministry is preferred but not required.
- A demonstrated level of maturity, leadership, organizational skills and a desire to be a team player who works well with other staff and leaders.
- Demonstrate ability to initiate and complete goals and ministry projects.
- Capable and creative computer, technology and social media skills.
- Able to be a resource and role model for FaithPoint’s youth and their families.
- Humbly growing in sacrificially loving others as Christ loves us.
Compensation: Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is full time and is responsible to the Senior Pastor. There can be some flexibility in hours.
Resources & Support
FaithPoint Staff & Board
Youth Support Team
Send resume, cover letter and/or questions to: email@example.com
FaithPoint Lutheran Church
201 Central Avenue North
New Prague, MN 56071