- Conduct all business in accordance with Pacific Garden Mission policies and procedures, state and Federal Laws, e.g., OSHA, ADA.
- Conduct building walk-downs daily and replace all burned out bulbs from hallways and stairwells and batteries in emergency lighting as needed.
- Maintain awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
- Maintain curb appeal of the property at all times.
- Complete assigned work orders according to company guidelines.
- Constantly observe condition of the property and immediately report and/or initiate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Perform plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc.
- Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, blinds, locks, etc.
- Paint interior and exterior.
- Perform carpentry work such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves, stripping and waxing floors.
- Assist in grounds work when necessary.
- Perform limited extermination services when required.
- Participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage.
- Responsible for stock control and utilization of maintenance materials.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals.
- Periodically inspect all buildings and common areas performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed.
- Have knowledge regarding water and gas cutoffs, all area and fixture cutoffs and sewer cleanouts.
- Make sure that all repairs and services are completed correctly and on a timely manner.
- Report all major repairs and requisitions to Facilities Manager.
- Remove and transfer heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to appropriate areas as necessary.
- Perform work area clean up and safety related duties.
- Be familiar with building safety procedures, as well as fire evacuation and hazardous weather plans, and execute procedures and plans as needed.
- Assist residents and volunteers in evacuation drills and emergency situations in the facility.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.