Nortonville Gospel Chapel
14528 Leonard Rd.
Spring Lake, MI. 49456
Assistant Pastor - Job Description
We are looking for someone whom the Lord has called into pastoral ministry. We are willing to train such a person in the practical work of caring for God’s flock. Nortonville Chapel is a loving church, and is located in a nice area with reputable schools. This is a full-time position.
THE PURPOSE: To assist the Senior Pastor in shouldering and leading the church congregation and others into a growing/loving/dependent relationship with Jesus Christ; and overseeing the various ministries and outreaches of the church family. Helping the senior pastor in getting the work done efficiently and quickly.
THE POSITION AT NORTONVILLE GOSPEL CHAPEL:
Reports to the Senior Pastor and Church Board
Member of the Church Board
- To assist the Senior Pastor with the day to day activities of the church office and ministry. Activities such as overseeing the church website, preparing messages, visiting the saints. Basically, being willing to serve the body of Christ.
- To oversee the ministries of the church and to insure they have what they need to carry out their areas of ministry.
- To coordinate all aspects of the youth program and work with the youth leaders and teachers to carry on a growing, balanced ministry.
- To develop and oversee a ministry to young families and singles.
- To be available to lead a Bible study class and to speak at regularly scheduled times; determined by you and the Senior Pastor.
- To assist the Senior Pastor in whatever way he may need.
THE GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effective communication: able to articulate well what needs to be done to accomplish and meet our church’s vision and mission statement. Able to provide honest advice and evaluations.
- Leadership: models servant leadership; a willingness to do whatever is required as determined by him and the Senior pastor. A willingness to advise and counsel volunteers to be accountable and committed to their area of service.
- Organizational skills: able to prioritize responsibilities and efforts.
- Teamwork: exemplifies spiritual servitude and insight in moments of decision- making to help with the importance of the whole church family. Bring spiritual dynamism to the ministry along with the unique use of your gifts and passion.
The same as the senior Pastor; those mentioned in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:7-9.
- Christian faith: a growing believer, who is open to being taught, and willing to embrace the fullness of the grace message and challenged to teach the breadth of God’s revelation as found in Scripture.
- Spiritual gifts: Administration, leadership, teaching.
- Passion: a desire to see believers acknowledging and utilizing their spiritual gifts in ministry and service.
- Skills: organization, self-motivation, good written/verbal communication skills; cooperative spirit, compassion.
- Education: Either a Bible College degree or working toward that or something similar.
- Weekly Time Commitment: Full-time.