Title: Kids Ministries Director
Reports directly to: Staff Development Pastor
Status: Full-time, plus full benefits.
The Kids Ministries Director…
- Has clearly made a decision to follow Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
- Clearly lives out a disciple making way of life in Christ Jesus!
- Has attained a Bachelor’s Degree.
The ideal candidate has a vibrant and fresh closeness with Jesus. Is prayerful and will depend upon Holy Spirit to lead, design and move the ministry into the next season of ministry!
The Kids Ministries Director will flourish as they focus on (a) partnering with parents in order to help them become the primary disciple-maker(s) of their children and (b) equip, empower and encourage a team of volunteers to lead a relational ministry to kids Birth – 5th grade.
Ministry is Relationships
- Maintain weekly communication with parents, volunteers & a quarterly event calendar.
- Encourage volunteer leaders to connect and communicate with kids and parents.
- Host parent meetings to build relationships, encourage them & gain insight.
- Establish and maintain weekly volunteer huddles for prayer and ministry alignment.
- Create and maintain a “relationship” with each student in grades (Birth – 5th grade).
- Use relevant technology for equipping, teaching and information.
- Establish a healthy rhythm for training, equipping & encouraging volunteers.
- Prayerfully and strategically provide fun events for kids.
- Team with office staff to maximize effective communication and promotion.
Disciple-making is Relationships
- Lead weekly programs that support a disciple making way of life.
- Ensure programs, groups & events are places where students are safe, are valued & that they belong.
- Maintain and grow a culture of prayer.
- Ensure all teaching is in agreement with the Bible and Oakwood’s statement of faith.
- Provide opportunities for kids to regularly worship together (Ex: prayer, singing, etc…)
- Equip and provide opportunities for kids to use their gifts, talents and passions.
- Actively plan, promote, support, and facilitate appropriate Family Life Waypoints.
- Maintain a list of age-appropriate resources that can be helpful for disciple making.
- Partner with Student Ministry Director for successful transition between 5th and 6th grade.
Evangelism is Relationships
- Be in agreement that evangelism starts with prayer (teach it, model it and practice it).
- Help kids to know and be able to express the gospel in age appropriate ways.
- Regularly provide opportunities for students to pray for, love, serve and learn from our community and beyond.
General Pastoral Expectations
- Participate in weekly staff meetings (Supervisor, Pastoral and Family Life).
- Never Stop Learning (conferences, training, reading and humility).
- Actively participate in staff development activities (parties, trainings, lunch&learn, etc…)
- Willingly use your gifts, talents, passions and abilities… outside of your primary role if needed for church wide unity, health and development opportunities.
- Provide monthly elder updates.
- Be available to help with other ministry needs (Ex: hospital visitation, Pizza & Purge days, etc.)…