Homewood Evangelical Free Church
Position: Children's Ministries Director
Dated: May 2021
Homewood Church, located in Moline, Illinois, has an opening for Children’s Ministries Director. If you are passionate about seeing children and youth experience salvation in Christ, thrive as a child of the King, and desire to help families be what God wants them to be, consider this opportunity.
The salary is around $35,000 with more for benefits. If you have the skills, passion and calling outlined in the following job description, we would like to hear from you!
Mark Frazee, Lead Pastor
Church Web-site: www.homewoodefc.org
Report to the Lead Pastor. Work independently to accomplish the major duties of this job description. Supervisory guidance is in weekly staff meetings. The Lead Pastor, upon request, will provide additional guidance. Supervisory feedback on job performance happens on an annual basis.
Coordinate the Children's Ministries program at the church. Build a cohesive ministry in harmony with the larger church program.
- Vision Casting and Parental Interaction: Work with the Children's Ministries Team to develop the core values, mission, vision, and strategy for the Children's Ministries program. Work with the Children's Ministries Team to develop and implement a strategy for attracting young families to our church. Get feedback from parents. Equip parents with recommended resources for parenting, family worship, and discipleship. 20%
- Lead the Children's Ministries Team: Schedule monthly team meetings; publish agenda in advance. Lead team meetings. Ensure that comprehensive meeting minutes are published monthly. Ensure team is pursuing its goals. Recruit team members and volunteers needed to fulfill the mission of the Children's Ministries Team. Initiate team building activities to ensure effectiveness. Train leaders. Manage team budget. 15%
- Bible Discovery (Sunday School): Recruit, train, evaluate, assist, and encourage teachers and substitutes. Evaluate and recommend curriculum as needed. Order materials. Maintain supplies. Maintain a substitute teacher list. Teach classes on occasion. Periodically observe all classrooms. 15%
- Children's Church: Help leaders develop a program and/or select a curriculum. Recruit and train leaders and workers. Help lead children's church on a regular basis. 15%
- Kids Weeknight Club (like AWANA or similar): Recruit and work closely with volunteer leaders. Periodically, provide devotionals for the kids groups. Monitor the programming, interacting with the children and their parents. 15%
- Special Events: Plan creative special events with an emphasis on outreach. Examples include Vacation Bible School (VBS), a Halloween alternative, and an Easter event. Recruit director/coordinator for the events. Work with each director/coordinator to recommend themes, ideas, and curriculum; help obtain needed materials. Be responsible for the recruitment and training of event workers. Monitor/participate in the programming. 15%
- Preschoolers and Toddlers/Nurseries during Worship Services and Bible Discovery Hour: Recruit directors. Help recruit workers. 5%
- Other duties as assigned to include but not limited to-
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Ensure that background checks are done on all children's workers.
- Ensure the safety and security of all children.
Personal Conduct Requirements
- Live a godly life, consistently showing evidence of your relationship with Jesus Christ, both at work and in your private life.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic.
- Maintain cooperative (friendly, confidential, honest, gentle, and trustworthy) working relationships with all members of the church family and staff. Whether leading or following, relate to everyone in such a way that both Christ’s convictions and love are shown.
Definite and Desirable Qualities for our Director of Children’s Ministries
- Definite Qualities:
- a) A person who loves the Lord and kids.
- b) A person who will emphasis outreach into our community.
- c) A person with the ability to teach children.
- d) A person who is enthusiastic and passionate about ministry, and knows how to have fun.
- e) A person who is strong relationally.
f) A person with training in Bible & children’s ministry.
- g) A person who is compatible with EFCA doctrine and distinctives.
- Strongly Desired:
- a) A person with a strong ability to recruit and train volunteer leaders.
- b) A person who can maintain a disciplined environment.
- Desirable: A person with the ability to organize and administrate effectively.