The Pastor of Youth & Family Life will lead ministry to students and families at Monument Bible Church in an effort to fulfill our disciple-making mission.
1) Pastoral leadership, participation, and oversight of student ministry (6th-12th Grade)
2) Pastoral oversight of ministry to all children (Ages 0-18) and their families.
3) Pastoral assistance with building connection & community in the entire church family.
Follower of Jesus personal testimony of saving faith
Bachelor s Degree in Bible or Ministry preferred
Exhibits godly character of an elder (1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1)
Gifts of leadership, administration, teaching, and shepherding
Agreement with Monument s doctrinal statement, mission, & philosophy of ministry
Computer & technological skill proficient with basic computer software & video editing
Ability to lead a team and work with teams
Good communicator (verbal and written)
Possess a shepherd's heart; loving, caring, & relational
Partner with staff and ministry leaders to fulfill disciple-making mission
Positive social media engagement
Teachable, dependable, faithful, & humble
YOUTH (Approx 20 hours/week):
- Develop & oversee a student ministry program that is focused on fulfilling our disciple-making mission (winning, growing, and equipping students)
- Oversee weekly IGNITE (Jr. High & High school program) – Plan/lead activities & teaching
- Oversee IGNITE Sunday morning (curriculum, teaching regularly, and recruiting teachers)
- Meet with students for biblical counseling, encouragement and 1-1 discipling
- Connect students with ministry opportunities inside and outside of the church
- Attend students’ events (games, concerts, drama, graduations, etc.)
- Maintain/update youth ministry loft to create an environment for effective ministry
- Plan/lead youth hangouts, special events, recognitions, retreats, & mission trips
- Develop, maintain, & promote student ministry calendar & social media pages
FAMILY LIFE-Children & Families (Approx 12 hours/week)
- Provide pastoral oversight of Children’s activities and Sunday morning Children’s Bible Fellowship Classes (overseeing volunteers and curriculum)
- Provide pastoral oversight over the AWANA ministry to include serving with Jr. High
- Encourage and equip parents to disciple their children
- Occasionally partner with Adult Ministry team to plan Christian education opportunities related to families
- Lead a bi-monthly (or quarterly) young marrieds gathering
FAMILY LIFE-Church Family (Approx 8 hours/week)
- Be a member of the pastoral preaching team to preach occasionally in accordance with your available time and giftedness
- Provide pastoral oversight of Sunday morning greeting/hospitality team
- Assist pastoral staff in the development and execution of church family special events
- Occasionally assist pastoral staff with special projects
- Occasionally assist with other ministry areas, as requested by senior pastor
- Attend weekly staff meetings & special staff events/retreats
- Meet bi-monthly with Leadership team composed of staff and lay ministry leaders
- Participate in special all-church worship gatherings (ex. Christmas Eve Eve, Good Friday, Easter, baptism services & lake service)
- Oversee youth and family life budgets and prepare ministry reports for annual meeting.
- Maintain current database of children and youth (0-18)
- Compensation Package: $45,000 & up
- Annual compensation dependent on education & experience.
- Annual compensation set by the elders & deacons and approved by congregation at annual meeting
- Compensation package includes a designated housing allowance (if ordained, otherwise amount will be given as salary) and health insurance allowance.
- Vacation Major holidays (except Easter) & 12 day+ as approved by the elders
- Ministry reimbursement account
Please send a cover letter, resume, and links to teaching or preaching video (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org.