POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Board of Directors, this full-time position directs the growth and development of New Hope Church as a Christ-centered, Bible-based, congregationally-led, nondenominational church and New Hope is seeker-sensitive in line with the Purpose Driven Church principles.
A. EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or university or equivalent, e.g., successful completion of Bible College. Masters of Divinity, or alternative (such as Theology) is preferred or a goal to obtain within five years. Ordination is required.
Minimum of three years of relevant experience in a congregation of 200 or more, is preferred.
C. SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
1. To have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
2. Spiritually accountable and relationally mature.
3. A Godly character that no reproach may come through him/her upon the Body of Christ.
4. Demonstrates the ability to preach, teach biblical truths in a manner relevant to today’s culture - seekers will be drawn to accept Christ and believers will be encouraged to deepen their faith.
5. Must be able to communicate a personal vision for the Church of today.
6. Demonstrate the ability to facilitate, motivate, and lead teams.
7. Demonstrate the ability to resolve conflict appropriately.
8. Demonstrate the ability to encourage, motivate and support the congregation towards a deeper relationship with Christ.
9. Demonstrate effective level of oral and written communication skills.
10. An understanding and appreciation for the total Church ministry, leadership development, team building, shepherding, organizational management, discipleship and interpersonal relationships as defined by the Purpose Driven philosophy.
The position of Senior Pastor requires great flexibility for work, including evenings and weekends. The pastor should be available/accessible to members of the congregation and staff, and for communication with members of the Church leadership. For example, use voice mail/email and return communication as soon as possible. Notify the congregation of days off (to honor the Senior Pastor’s time off and provide an alternative method of meeting the congregation’s needs).
This position has direct and oversight responsibilities. These responsibilities are available by requesting a copy of the full job description. Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume. Please use email button to send resume and/or request full job description.