Attention accountants! We’re in need of a person to serve as a staff accountant at our home office in Colorado Springs, Colorado who has experience in accounting along with a heart to serve God. If you’re that person—especially if you have experience in accounting for a cross-cultural ministry—we would love to visit with you. Full-time with hourly pay, starting at 30 hours per week, moving to 40 hours per week. Paid holidays, health insurance, sick leave, and vacation. Please send us an interest form to start the conversation. Staff Accountant (entrust4.org) We look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Carries out the policies and procedures of the Finance Department. Provides the financial resources and information our staff need as they multiply leaders for multiplying churches around the world. Answers questions and fulfills requests from staff, donors, and board members. Serves as an integral part of our responsive, caring admin team that prays and works together for the mission of Entrust.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Process weekly payments of invoices and reimbursements.
- Prepare weekly giving reports from online donations.
- Process and record weekly interfund bank transfers.
- Prepare monthly adjusting and closing journal entries.
- Provide monthly financial reports for the CEO, Board of Directors, and Entrust staff for all fund types.
- Assist with annual audit and filing of IRS Form 990.
- Assist with annual budget for the Central Ministry Fund.
- Gather, review, and enter annual financial budgets for the organization, staff, and projects.
- Maintain internal controls, procedures, and policies.
- Maintain all funds and records in a manner consistent with IRS guidelines for 501(c)(3) corporations, generally accepted accounting principles, and ECFA membership standards.
- Assist staff with queries on donor information and financial reports, and perform other administrative tasks, as needed.
- Be mindful of opportunities for mobilizing new staff, interns, and donors to Entrust.
- Entrust will achieve a clean annual audit.
- Entrust will maintain 501(c)(3) status (deductibility of donations to Entrust).
- Staff and partners will receive resources on a timely basis.
- Management, staff, Board, and donors will receive useful, timely and accurate financial information.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred plus two or more years of experience, preferably in fund accounting for non-profit organizations.
- Cross-cultural work experience strongly desired.
- Good working knowledge of the principles of accounting especially as relates to fund systems, internal controls, and conditions for tax deductibility of charitable contributions.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite - especially Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strongly detail oriented.
Personal Qualities Desired
- Desire to support the mission of Entrust - providing care and support for the staff.
- Expected to contribute toward a cheerful and hospitable atmosphere in the work environment.
- Must have good interpersonal relationship skills. As part of a team, must uphold unity and team spirit.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Display creativity and good communication in performing responsibilities.
Spiritual Qualities Desired
- Teachable spirit and servant’s heart.
- Growing Christian who is personally following Christ and active in a local church.
- Consistent devotional life.
- Ability to bring a spiritual perspective to work as demonstrated in attitude, faithfulness, and interpersonal relationships.
- Agreement with Entrust Statement of Faith.
- Agreement with the policies and procedures in the Entrust Staff Handbook
Entrust is an employer-at-will. As such, Entrust reserves the right, as the employee does, to terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without reason.