Job Description for Part Time position with Disabled Individual
Nicole is 28 years old and has Cerebral Palsy. She is wheelchair bound and needs assistance with most of her daily needs such as eating, transferring seating, toileting, etc. She is non-verbal. We live in the Gold Coast near Oak Street Beach. I am looking for a part time person for about 15 hours a week this summer and into the next school year. The individuals I am seeking could presently be students or recent graduates of Moody or an alumna. The part time position is open immediately.
For the part time position, I would like the individual to work at least 15 hours during the week on 3 days, a Monday - Friday, typically from 3:30 - 8:00 pm. Wages would be paid weekly on an hourly basis.
Among the qualities I believe the ‘right’ individual must possess are the following. They are not listed in order of importance. Given that Nicole is non-verbal and defenseless, honesty, emphasis on safety, common sense and compassion are musts. The person must be a good communicator and able to take direction.
* Safety conscious
* Able to lift (Nicole is about 68 lbs)
* Possess common sense
* Fun to be with and have an imagination
* Have perfect command of the English language
* Organized but not rigid
* Possess some tech knowledge and the desire to learn new things and techniques
* Able to take responsibility but also take direction
* A special ed background or experience would be a plus but is not necessary
I know this is a tall order but the Moody population has many of the above qualities. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org