ABOUT FIRST FREE ROCKFORD
First Free Rockford is a multi-generational, Christian church based out of Rockford, Illinois. Our mission is to bring people into a relationship with Jesus Christ, and our vision is to see all generations go, tell, and show the love of God in the city of Rockford and around the world.
» Website | Blog | Facebook | Instagram
The videographer/live video director will support the greater video needs of First Free Rockford through the direction, creation and editing of video content and oversight of live video production for Sunday morning services.
» 22–25 hours weekly (split between creative and live production)
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY include the following, but are not limited to:
- CREATIVE (14–17 hrs/week)
- Collaborate with Communications Director and contributors team (writers/creatives) to develop ideas and media content for blog, social media, and Sunday morning services.
- Film and edit all video projects (stories, interviews, sermon intros, video announcements, event/program recaps, etc.)
- Assist Communications Director with scheduling talent/shoots and location scouting/booking.
- LIVE PRODUCTION (9 hrs/week)
- Work with Technical Director and volunteer tech team to execute all weekly live video production duties.
- Direct camera operators and live stream of Sunday morning services (8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.)
- Attend Thursday night practices (6:30–9:30 p.m.) and Sunday morning sound checks and production run-throughs (6:30 a.m. start)
- Provide basic maintenance and service of all video and photography equipment.
- Maintain organized workspace, project files and equipment storage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is accountable to the Communications Director (creative) and Technical Director (live production).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 1–2 years minimum experience in related field.
- Must be able to consistently work Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings for live production duties. Creative video projects are open to a flexible schedule based on various filming needs.
- Excellent creative and video production ability.
- Must be a team player who enjoys creative collaboration.
- Ability to conceptualize abstract ideas into visual media.
- Basic understanding of the concepts and formula of storytelling.
- Excellent time management, project and organizational skills.
- Proven competence in industry standard software and services including but not limited to: Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Media Encoder, Social Media Platforms (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram), Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Planner), Cloud Storage (G Suite, Dropbox). Basic understanding of Adobe design programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is a plus.