Mark Twain once wrote, “The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter - it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.”
Words matter. As a Writer, your words bring stories to life, sharing the good news of Bible translation around the world!
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Orlando, Florida
Every day is different! One day you might research and interview a story for a blog and other web content. Later you could proofread ad copy and print publications. Another day you would strategize with the editorial team about new content.
This job might be for you if…
- You are detailed-oriented, a stickler for accuracy, know the Associated Press stylebook, and can see a missing comma a mile away.
- You have earned a Bachelor's degree in writing or a related area of study.
- Technology is your ally, and you’re proficient in MS Office Suite and social media platforms.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, can manage your time perfectly, and love having multiple irons in the fire.
- You’re an outstanding, interactive communicator, fluent in oral and written English.
- Your perfect working environment is overflowing with creativity and energy.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re willing to travel overseas occasionally.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have 1-3 years of college publication or professional writing experience.
- You are familiar with the Chicago stylebook.
- You have experience in project management software and content management systems (CMS).
- You have experience working with an agency, corporate marketing or advertising department.
REF ID: R1707 Reavis