Duration: 8 weeks between June 1, 2021 and August 15, 2021
Ministry Opportunities - will be specific to each intern drawing from the following:
- 3-5 days per week spent living in a rural community with a Zion pastor, ministering to his community and congregation. The number of weeks will be determined based on the intern's needs and program emphasis.
- Teach a theological Bible class in a cross-cultural setting, 1-3 times weekly. This would include teaching through a translator. Curriculum will be provided before the intern's departure for South Africa.
- Preach a Biblical message in cross-cultural settings. This would include at least one all-night amaZioni service, with the possibility of other congregational services in African communities. The intern should arrive in South Africa with two messages and/or testimonies prepared. These outlines should be developed by the intern and will be reviewed with the ZEMA mentor-missionary before the speaking engagement.
- Weekly ministry debrief
- Discussion of the coming week
- discussion of teaching content/preparation
- cultural and social expectation
- ongoing evaluation of internship goals
- Comprehensive midpoint review and final evaluation as require by your school
Must Raise Your Own Support:
- Trip fees/transportation: An amount that pays for the airline ticket.
- The daily rate is $50/day. This amount covers room, board, transportation, cost of a translator during ministry, and one night in a South African Game Reserve.
- Stipend: Up to $3000 to offset school costs for the following year, that might have been earned in a Stateside work opportunity.
- Final amount to be raised by the intern : Minimum - an amount to pay for trip fees and daily rate. Maximum: An amount to pay for trip fees, daily rate plus additional funds attributed to the Stipend amount.
Further questions may be directed to:
Greg Seghers, Field Director, FieldDirector@zema.org