Duration: 8 weeks between June 1, 2021 to August 15, 2021
- We are looking for 2 to 3 interns with a heart for teaching children and equipping Sunday School teachers cross-culturally. These may apply to ZEMA as a group.
- Modify curriculum, creating a series of themed lesson plans that are culturally sensitive to use in areas where staffing and material resources are limited. This should include a variety of content. (i.e. lecture, story-telling, memory work, drama, object lessons, pictures and hand craft.)
- The first 3-4 weeks will be spent in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa for
- Cultural orientation
- Creative development of a themed series of lessons (5-7). This will be carried out in consultation with a missionary and local Sunday school teacher.
- Plan and present a one day Sunday School Teacher Training (SSTT) seminar with the missionary and local teacher.
- The last 3-4 weeks will require independent travel by reliable public transport to 3 other areas of ministry in South Africa and Swaziland to present the one day SSTT seminar in those areas.
A weekly ministry debrief with the supervising ZEMA missionary.
- Debrief the previous week.
- Weekly goals, plans, location of the coming week.
- Teaching content and preparation tips.
- Midpoint review and final evaluation as required your school.
Must Raise Your Own Support:
- Trip fees/transportation: An amount that pays for the airline ticket to East London-SA, and three other tickets (domestic airline or bus) to the other locations.
- The daily rate is $50/day. This amount covers
- room and board,
- transportation in South Africa,
- a local teacher to assist with curriculum development,
- remuneration of a translator during presentations, and
- one night in a South African Game Reserve.
- Stipend: Up to $3000 to offset school costs for the following year, that might have been earned in a Stateside work opportunity.
- Final amount to be raised by the intern : Minimum - an amount to pay for trip fees and daily rate. Maximum: - an amount to pay for trip fees, daily rate plus additional funds attributed to the Stipend amount.
Further questions may be directed to: Greg Seghers, ZEMA Field Director, FieldDirector@zema.org