Principle Function: To be responsible for the development and oversight of all CFW’s ministries to junior high and senior high youth with the goal of youth becoming devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Reports to: Senior Pastor and Elders
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- One who possesses experience in senior high youth ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- One who is capable of creating and executing a long term vision for CFW’s youth ministry.
- One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with CFW’s statement of faith.
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support CFW’s parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budgets; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Grow CFW’s youth ministry in meaningful ways.
- Be mentored by the Senior Pastor
- Attend worship services and staff meetings on a weekly basis.
- Present semi-annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the elders.
- Participate in a yearly job performance review.
- Present a yearly youth budget proposal.
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
- Any other voluntary ministries must not take away from primary responsibilities
- Primarily responsible to the Lord, performing ministry and leadership with enthusiasm and seeking to please Him.
- Accountable then to the Senior Pastor and elders.
- Fulltime salary
- Onsite housing if desired